Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rainbow Connection


February 13, 2009

On Fridays, Trey stays after school to work with a group of students and their English teacher, as they prepare for the upcoming Pentathlon competition. As I sat in my car waiting for him to finish up, it started to pour - I mean really POUR! I don't remember it ever raining that hard! Then all of a sudden this awesome rainbow appeared. It was the brightest, most vivid rainbow I've ever seen, and I could distinctly see each separate color. The coolest part was that it was the full arch - completely 180 degress - I've NEVER seen that before; usually only a portion of the arch is visible. I took a picture with my cell phone (top) but couldn't get the whole arch into view. When we returned home, Jaise asked if we'd seen the rainbow, and told me she took a picture of it, too (bottom), in case we missed it. She couldn't get the whole arch into view either!

0 comments: