Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Channa!

January 20, 2009 -

I refuse to post birthday pictures. I had just gotten a haircut the day before and I was still trying to figure out how to style it on my own. Therefore, I was having a severely bad hair day on my birthday. Thank goodness my new straightening iron arrived UPS a couple days later or I might still be hiding out! (Not that the hair looks that much better straight, but at least I can fix it now.)

I absolutely did NOT want to celebrate my birthday this year. Call me a party pooper, I don't care. I feel old, fat, and yucky, and the ominous 40 is approaching way too fast. After a depressing Inaugural Ceremony that morning, what was left to celebrate anyway? I told my husband and children I wanted no gifts, no cake, and there was no need to extend any birthday wishes to me that morning.

For the most part of the day, things went as I wanted them to. It was just another day of the week - good! Then Ryan came home from work with an ice cream cake. What a dork! My step-mom called and I went into the other room to talk to her. When I returned to the kitchen, there were birthday gifts all over the table. What kind of considerate man did I marry, anyway? (At least now I have proof he doesn't listen to me!)

I was very happy to receive my own set of dumbells as one of my gifts, as I've been asking for them for a couple months now. And Ding Dongs - I love them frozen!!! There was more, but why bore you? ;) I loved Chaye's card and still have it hanging up in the kitchen.

0 comments: