Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy "Leaf Day"

Someone finally found the pot at the end of the rainbow!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Chaye calls it "Leaf Day" because I have a shamrock icon on the date square on the calendar. When she was anticipating Valentine's Day, which has a heart, she kept asking, "How many days until Heart Day?" The Thursday before Feb 14th, when she asked me, I said "Two days." Then she jumped up and down and said, "Then we get to celebrate Leaf Day!" I asked, "Leaf Day? What's that?" And she turned the calendar page and pointed at the shamrock. Then she asked, "What happens on Leaf Day? Do we get stuff?" (Hmm.... get stuff, get pinched; get stuff, get pinched; I like her idea better!) So I got her a Tinkerbell Look & Find Book (I collect those) because it's green. I'll give it to her tonight at dinner - we're having green salad, green fettucini alfredo with broccoli, and mint chip mud pie for dessert. And I had to get her a green shirt because she didn't have one and was terrified that Paige was going to pinch her. I didn't get anyone else anything..... oh well, they'll survive. :)

0 comments: