Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys

Trey and Tate are six years apart; Tate and Cade are six years apart. The kids were having the "when you're 30, I'll be..." conversation the other day and we realized when Tate is Trey's age, Trey will be in college, getting ready to leave on his mission. When Cade is Tate's age, Tate will be doing all the things Trey is doing now. The girls pointed out that as sweet as Cade is now, it's hard to believe that he, too, will be an annoying, obnoxious, gross brother one day in the near future. The scary thought is: when Cade is Trey's age, Trey could be married with kids... that would make us grandparents, oh my! Aaaaggghhh!!!!

3 comments:

Jen Stewart said...

Welcome! Those are some handsome guys you've got! I was doing the same thing with how old will everyone be when....and the scary thing is how quickly we got to where we are and we have the same amount of time to go until the kids start moving out!! How can that be??? And you know what the say about life: it's like a roll of toilet paper; the closer you get to the end the faster it goes. My point being that the next 9 years will go faster than the first 9 did! ok yet again...I'm babbling! bye!

Lisa Pereira said...

Your boys look so much like each other. I love it. I wish that some stages would last twice as long and others would be half the time! I am always thinking about how quickly time goes by and how fast they grow up. I guess it is important to cherish it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Julie said...

What a handsome bunch of boys!! So I remember when I was growing up and thinking we were never going to be adults...boy was I wrong. My parents now have an empty house. It's crazy how fast time really does fly and at times kind of scary. I am glad you posted lady!!!